- 2021 -
2022 BURGER 49′ Burger 50 Cruiser
Price On Application
Additional Information Available
Burger 50 Cruiser
Burger 50 Cruiser
Price On Application
- Get More Info -
Burger 50 Cruiser
Building on the success of the recently delivered Burger Cruisers, the Burger 50 Cruiser is currently under construction and available for sale! The Burge 50 Cruiser features a patented Slide Hull design developed by Vripack Naval Architects in The Netherlands and an exquisite interior designed by Luiz de Basto of Miami, Florida. For more information contact Burger at +1 920.686.5117.
Powered by twin 600hp Volvo Penta D8-IPS800 engines, the Burger 50 Cruiser incorporates Vripack's revolutionary Slide hull design. This hull provides her owner a cruising speed of 26 knots and a top speed of approximately 31 knots in comfort and reduced fuel consumption.
The interior, designed by De Basto Designs, will feature two ensuite staterooms, unobstructed views in the open salon/galley area and exceptional exterior spaces for entertaining friends and family.
Her Slide Hull® provides several advantages over a typical planing hull form. These include:
1. Significantly improved ride quality and reduced pounding. According to the test results, “the Slide Hull® is a good motion damping hull shape. The vessel does not dive deep into the waves but ‘cushions’ onto the water surface, thus reducing the pitching motion."
2. Reduced resistance and thus reduced fuel consumption for a given speed. For example, at 26 knots, resistance was 14% less than a traditional planing hull.
3. Reduced running angle. By incorporating Interceptors, the 48 Cruiser does not experience the typical planing hull bow rise as she gets up on plane.
4. The Slide Hull® is one that handles weight changes with little effect on performance.
5. The Slide Hull’s® voluminous fore body prevents breaching in a following sea. This fuller fore body also affords more use of that volume for her interior accommodations.
The Burger 50 Cruiser is built utilizing marine grade aluminum that provides improved structural properties and corrosion resistance. These features, combined with Burger’s construction techniques, use of properly certified welders and the latest paint systems, will provide you with a yacht that is strong and easy to maintain. In fact, to provide our customers additional piece of mind, Burger offers a Lifetime Warranty on the Hull Structure and a five (5) year blister warranty.
Mechanically, the Burger 50 Cruiser features two, 600HP Volvo Penta D8-IPS800 main propulsion engines. These engines, combined with joystick maneuvering and Volvo Penta’s Dynamic Positioning System (DPS) feature, provides a design that is fast and nimble and that can be easily maneuvered in tight spaces.
In addition, the Burger 50 Cruiser features:
1. Volvo Penta’s Clear Wake System. This directs the exhaust gases to an above water discharge while at idle. This eliminates the gurgling that you may have seen on production boats with IPS drives.
2. The interceptor system installed is Volvo Penta’s most advanced system to date. The computerized system includes Volvo’s Auto Trim, List and Coordinated Turn features. These features automatically correct the boats trim and list in order to optimize its performance. Coordinated Turn controls the list angle during turns for improved comfort. The system is programmed to the specific characteristics of each new vessel, making it the ideal choice for use on the Slide Hull®.
3. Burger 50 Cruiser offers a stabilization system. This system is designed to reduce up to 95% of the vessel’s roll.
4. A Nautical Structures Hydraulic Swim Platform system is installed. This allows the platform to be lowered into the water for ease of launching and retrieving your tender. It also provides a fun area for swimming and water sports. For ease of access to the platform when in its lowered position, a stair automatically folds out of the platform, thus eliminating the large drop between the transom stair and the lowered platform.
5. Burger has also incorporated a barbeque area in the transom, above the swim platform. With the tender launched, you simply open an access cover in the transom to reveal a barbeque, sink and counter space.
6. Below the grill surface is a large transom storage garage and access to the ship’s power cord retriever and fresh water connection.
The interior of the Burger 50 Cruiser was developed in conjunction with DeBasto Designs of Miami Florida. Luiz De Basto has a great eye for detail and, together with Burger, has created a very special design.
The Galley area includes a two-burner electric stove, a two drawer refrigerator/freezer, convection microwave oven and a dishwasher. Opposite the galley is a large U-shaped dining area.
The Helm is forward and features Volvo Penta’s Glass Bridge with two (2) 17” screens and an adjustable helm seat.
An opening window is positioned forward to port and starboard providing 11 square feet per side of fresh air. Above is an electric sunroof for even more fresh air.
Below decks are two staterooms. The full beam Owner’s stateroom is aft and features a queen size berth, ensuite head with shower, storage and a private seating area. Large windows bring in plenty of natural light and, with its two opening portlights, allows you to bring in fresh air.
The Guest cabin is forward and offers you two berth configurations. A queen size berth or, by simply unlatching the foot of the bed and sliding the foot of the bed apart, you can configure the space for two single beds. This stateroom is also provided with significant natural light and an ensuite head with shower.
Other features include:
1. A Kohler 11 kW Generator in Sound Enclosure
2. Fuel Oil Purification System
3. Teak Decking on the Exterior Decks
4. Glendenning Cable Retractor
5. Two (2) Underwater Lights
6. Vented Washer Dryer Combo Unit
7. Central Vacuum
9. Shower at Swim Platform