- 2014 -
2014 J BOATS 29′ J/88 Hull #2
Setup for the J/88 class racing circuit with a quality sail inventory, trailer, and race bottom. Two owner boat, both on freshwater lakes. Current owner has only day sailed lightly on Lake Lanier for one season and never put the race sails up. Added a tiller pilot and depthsounder after purchase. Very clean!!
2018 Quantum Sails Fusion M Class L/M Jib with Vertical Battens (NEVER USED)
2015 Quantum Sails Fusion M Class L/M Jib with Vertical Battens
2014 Quantum Sails Fusion M Class Heavy Jib with Roller Battens (Rarely used)
2015 Quantum Sails Fusion M Class Mainsail
2015 Quantum Sails Class A2 Asymmetrical Spinnaker
2014 North Sails 3Di 760 Mainsail with reef
2014 North Sails 3Di 760 Medium Furling Jib with vertical battens
2014 North Sails A2 AIRX 650 Full Size 95 SM Spinnaker, Red/White/Blue
2014 Quantum A3 AIRX 700 Heavy 78SM Spinnaker, Yellow/Black
Quantum Charcoal Tweed Main Cover with J88 Logo
North Charcoal Tweed Jib Sock
2015 Triad Trailer:
- Deep drop keel box version with Lift On/Off Package
- 4 wheel electric brakes
- 2500lb capacity front jack with foot rest
- 8 hull support screw jacks with marine grade carpet
- 6 tie down loops
- LED light package
- Spare tire and mount
- 2 Rear stabilizing jacks
Performance bottom by T&M Marine. 5 coats of interprotect 2000, 4 coats of VC Offshore Baltoplate, wetsanded and burnished.
Opening Ports on aft end of cabin facing the cockpit
V-berth Package with platform, two cushions and one swiveling reading light Two Tone Deck, Light Grey
Additional Information Available
2YM15 w/SD20 Leg
J/88 Hull #2
- Get More Info -
- Fortress Light Weight Anchor, Rode, Canvas Bag
- Safety Gear
- Docklines & Fenders
- Backstay Flicker
- Upgraded Backstay
- VHF & Masthead Antenna
- Velocitek ProStart & Bracket Installed
- Velocitek SHIFT & Bracket Installed
- Raymarine Tiller Pilot
- Raymarine Depth
- Lifeline Cushions
- Hatch Board Bag
- Cockpit Locker Bag
- Port Settee Lee Cloth Installed
• J/88 hull & deck infusion molded with biaxial and unidirectional E-glass fabrics and balsa core in the hull for rugged durability and Corecell foam core in the deck for light weight. High density core material and additional glass reinforcements are placed in way of highly loaded hardware and components. All laminates are engineered and built to required ISO structural standards.
• Molded internal bulkheads and liners finished with gelcoat, bonded and/or tabbed to the hull and/or deck.
• White gelcoat hull with single boot stripe.
• 10 year transferable warranty against osmotic hull blistering, 5 year structural warranty.
• Infused GRP molded structural grid with longitudinal and transverse keel support beams. One large cockpit seat storage locker.
• Open transom for easy access with lightweight ORC transom safety ladder.
• High strength, inward turning and overlapping hull to deck joint bonded with structural adhesive.
• White gelcoat deck with molded non-skid on horizontal deck surfaces.
• Molded ISO/ORC height foredeck toe-rails on deck.
• Large self-draining cockpit with molded secure helmsman footbraces in cockpit.
• 6.5’ draft low VCG keel with lead ballast featuring molded GRP finish.
Engine, Steering & Systems:
• 14hp, two cylinder Yanmar 2YM15 diesel engine with 80amp alternator and Saildrive SD-20 leg.
• Keyless start/stop engine panel and tachometer with alarms and engine hour counter.
• Flexofold geared 2-bladed bronze folding prop.
• Engine throttle control with neutral safety switch.
• Waterlock muffler with exhaust run aft to transom.
• 12 gal fuel tank.
• High aspect transom mounted rudder with custom SS gudgeon hardware.
• Custom molded composite tiller in white gelcoat finish.
• Spinlock EA 1200 adjustable tiller extension with handle.
• Cockpit operated manual bilge pump operable from the helm position plumbed to transom fitting.
• One AGM Group 27 battery.
• 12V DC On/Off battery switch.
• 12V DC electrical distribution panel w/ 6 circuit breakers.
• LED Navigation & steaming lights.
• UL approved stranded, tinned copper ABYC color-coded wiring.
• Bonding system to meet ABYC regulations.
• Two swiveling reading lights in main cabin.
• Two red/white dome lights.
• Two DC charging plugs.
• Automatic electric bilge pump and panel switch for manual operation.
• Low maintenance stainless grab rails on cabin house (P&S).
• Companionway opening with PVC slider tracks, large gutter drains, molded seahood and sliding cover.
• Acrylic offshore removable drop board with inside/outside lockable hasp.
• SS custom fabricated chain plates for shrouds and backstay terminations.
• Interior flush ventilation hatch mounted on cabin house forward of mast.
• Two fixed cabin side portlights.
• Two aluminum 2-speed 40:1 self-tailing primary winches in cockpit.
• Two aluminum 2-speed 30:1 self-tailing secondary winches on cabin top.
• Two 10" Lewmar OneTouch lock-in winch handles.
• Cockpit operated Harken adjustable jib car and 4:1 in-hauler systems to P&S.
• 6:1 Mainsheet system leading to ratchet block and cam mounted on centerline swivel cam base aft of traveler.
• 18:1 mainsheet fine-tune adjuster mounted to swivel base cam forward of traveler.
• Adjustable mainsheet traveler with 4:1 control line and cam cleats P & S.
• Double ended backstay adjuster purchase system leading forward to P & S cam cleats.
• Internal bowsprit launching system to exit aft face of the cabin house to cam cleat.
• Harken underdeck headsail furling system with black foils and control line leading aft on port side to cabin to cam cleat.
• Spinnaker tack line side mounted rope clutch mounted to starboard on cabin side.
• Spinnaker sheet blocks outboard of primary winches on stanchion bases and aft at stern rail.
• Halyard lead blocks mounted at mast base, halyard organizers and double Antal Vcam rope clutches one per side.
• SS stanchions, two SS stern rails at transom corners and custom SS bow rail with 9.5" lower lifeline height.
• SS double lifelines.
• Foredeck and transom mooring cleats.
Spars & Rigging:
• Hall Spars carbon fiber mast with double swept spreaders, long masthead crane and mainsail luff track. Deck step design and SS tabernacle system. Mast finished in satin black with contrasting white bands.
• Boom with internal 8:1 outhaul, mainsheet attachment points, outhaul and single reef sheaves as well as provision for reef cleat and block at inboard end. Finished in satin black with contrasting white bands.
• Carbon bow sprit with tack ferrule fitting, painted black finish. Bow sprit seal system mounted between sprit bearings.
• Rod headstay, 1 x 19 compacted strand wire side rigging with adjustable open-body turnbuckles, and Dyneema backstay.
• Complete Hall Spars running rigging package. Hall Quickvang
• Molded main salon liner with full length settee berths, molded backrests, storage access below, and molded areas for sink (forward to port) and hinged utility counter (forward to starboard).
• Choice of fabrics for 3" standard main salon cushions.
• Teak and holly synthetic high-wear cabin sole in main cabin.
• Igloo Cooler.
• Fabricated companionway ladder with teak treads.
• Molded V-berth and hull support liner. (Option for V-berth platform & cushions)
• Raritan PH-II marine head with holding tank and deck pump out fitting.
• Bin storage opposite head.
• Molded cockpit support liner surrounding engine and mechanicals with foam insulated engine area.
• Low maintenance painted gelcoat finish on all interior hull & deck surfaces.
• Black anodized aluminum compression post to transfer mast loads to internal hull structure.