- 2009 -
2009 MARLOW 62′ 57E
Additional Information Available
- Get More Info -
Deck and Hull
The raised pilothouse, Portuguese bridge, and wide side decks, combined with her state of the art semi-displacement hull makes the Marlow Explorer one of the most comfortable and safest yachts in any sea condition. Her spacious side decks are fully protected by fiberglass bulwarks topped with teak cap rails that are waist high aft and even higher as you move forward. The foredeck is accessed through the lockable Portuguese bridge doors. The twin stainless steel anchors are set up with a Delta anchor with 200 ft. of chain rode on the port side and a CQR anchor with 200 ft. of chain on the starboard side of the dual Maxwell 2200 windlass. The windlass is controlled by foot switches on the deck immediately aft or from switches at both helm stations. On either side of the windlass, deck lockers open to expose the forward 50A shore power cords, each with a Glendenning Cable Master. Faucets for the fresh and salt water wash downs are also in these lockers. The fuel tanks, fresh water and drinking water can be filled from either side of the yacht. The fuel fill is in a locker that is conveniently located amidships about 12" above the deck. The water fills are located on either side of the pilothouse, right below the forward windshield. The black water pump out can be easily accessed on both the port and starboards sides, therefore spinning the boat in a marina for pump out, water or fuel service is never a hassle on a Marlow Explorer.
The Marlow Explorer is one of the few yachts in the world whose manufacturer has taken the time to optimize the basic hull design. Most yachts built today are very similar to each other and their predecessors over the last 20 years or so. When you see a Marlow Explorer on land you will notice very quickly that the yacht is blocked at the bow, like every other boat, but at the stern she is sitting on her own twin Veloci-Jet Strut Keels. The propellers are well above the bottom of the keels and it is obvious that a light grounding on a sand bar will only result in some worn bottom paint. What is not so obvious is how amazing these strut keels will make the boat handle in a following sea. The lateral resistance provided makes the boat track straight with very little rudder correction or action required. On deck you can see that the teak planks do not have bung holes hiding screws, they are epoxied in place and require no screws (no source for leaks!). You can tell that the deck is molded as one piece because there are no seams from the transom to the bow, including the Portuguese bridge. The windshields and side windows are made from two layers of tempered glass with a layer of 3M Hurricane shield laminated in-between to create a VERY strong window that has a total thickness of 11mm, twice what most builders use in vessels below 100'.
The bilges are smooth and finished to the highest quality possible, just like the rest of the yacht. She is equipped with a very handy wireless Yacht Controller. This device will let you operate the shift controls for both engines and control both the bow and stern thrusters from anywhere on the vessel (or in close proximity from the dock).
- Wolf electric grill, Uline refrigerator with icemaker and sink are all conveniently located on the fly bridge boat deck
- 1000# full telescoping and rotating davit
- Cockpit shower
- Swim ladder
- Removable U-rails on the swim platform for safe and easy boarding
- Fresh water and sea water wash down system at bow
- Fresh water wash-down at fly bridge
- Maxwell windlass 2200
- Stainless steel dinghy chocks with teak bed
- Custom extended aft deck
- Custom extended hard top
- Upgraded stainless steel oval hand rails
- Upgraded bow seating area
- All hardware and pulls in the VIP and MSR heads are polished chrome.
- All hardware and pulls in all staterooms are satin brass
When you enter the salon from the aft deck you feel the spaciousness of the vessels 18'2" beam. The advance composite construction has allowed this space to be very open, allowing you to see beyond the salon and galley and right through the front pilot house windows. The tinted windows and wooden blinds allow just the right amount of light into the interior living space. The aft salon door is one of a pair, on nice days when you want natural ventilation the second aft salon door can be unlatched and slid open to starboard to create a very spacious 5' wide opening. All salon and pilot house doors are equipped with Ocean Air screens to keep the bugs out on those “perfect” days.
The large settee is upholstered in Ultraleather and is absolutely stunning, while providing very functional storage space underneath. Under the salon seats there is a string of 110V rope lighting that provides perfect accent lighting. The deck light circuits and 110V plugs are on the 4,000 Watt inverter, so you do not need shore power, or the generator to have these on. On the port side of the salon there is a pop-up 43" Samsung Frame 4k TV and a salon chair and ottoman with additional storage inside. There are 10 dimmable overhead lights in addition to the custom 110V twin designer sconces on the high gloss valance. There is a beautiful large high gloss teak and burl table in front of the settee. The overhead teak valance on the starboard side has slots that diffuse the air-conditioning, so you do not have air blowing directly on you. This overhead valance also houses the 5 powerful Bose speakers for the Bose lifestyle home theater system. The 4k TV is also accompanied by a Samsung Ultra Blue-ray (4k) DVD player.
The Salon has numerous storage spaces, two lower end tables and upper storage on the port side for hanging stemware and dividers for old fashioned glasses with a liquor storage cabinet below. The forward salon bulkhead has a custom area built to display the owner's artwork and is surrounded by beautiful custom cabinets with shelving and two pull out drawers. The Crema Marfil granite topped bar to port also includes a designer drop-in sink, SubZero 15" wine cooler, SubZero ice maker and a hidden pull out trash bin. Four pull out drawers are built into the pilothouse to fly bridge custom staircase and you will find the central vacuum outlet just below at deck level.
The pilothouse is up three steps from the salon and includes the lower helm station, custom hi/low left/right adjustable dinette and galley. There are port and starboard exterior doors, a staircase forward descends to the staterooms and a staircase on the port side aft ascends to the fly bridge. The galley is very well equipped with top of the line appliances and plenty of storage for provisions and housewares. The galley is U-shaped with beautiful Crema Marfil granite counter tops, high gloss finished teak and burl woods with lots of custom upgrades.
- Two Sub Zero refrigerator/freezer units (4 drawers 700BR and 700BC) with teak and burl faces and custom satin pull handles.
- Wolf 30” electric cook-top with searails/potholders
- Sharp convection microwave
- Galley is pre-wired for an oven, extra storage space is built in where the oven would go
- Fisher-Paykel dishwasher
- KWC faucet and soap dispenser
- Franke stainless steel sink with garbage disposal
- Water maker display located just forward of the galley sink
- Drinking water faucet
- Overhead light switchable between white and red and two intensity levels
- All flat surfaces and cabinet inlays are upgraded to burl wood with a high gloss finish
- Cabinets have adjustable shelving for lots of flexible storage space
- Custom pull-out trash bin
- Custom satin nickel hardware and pulls on salon and galley level
If you are thinking of moving up to this size vessel from a smaller boat with a lower helm on the same level as the salon you may think you will not use the lower helm much, but the beauty of the raised pilothouse design is the lower helm moves up and forward enough that dodging crab pots from this helm station is no problem. Because of the open layout you have 360 degree visibility from the pilot house to the aft deck. Most owners find they use both helm stations every day depending on the weather conditions.
The lower helm is complete with a Stidd helm chair for the captain that can turn to port to use the stunning high gloss teak and burl dinette. There is a large Ultraleather seating bench that wraps around the port side of the dinette. In front of the helm chair you have all the systems a captain would need. The twin CAT engine displays, full Raymarine navigation package, Raymarine Autopilot, Raymarine VHF, and other critical systems are all within easy reach. The overhead panel has electronic circuit breakers, inverter control panel, tank tender fluid level monitor for all tanks, bilge pump controls and the vessel safety indicator lights. Also mounted on the panel are a brass ships bell clock and barometer.
Centrally located in the Pilothouse is the base station of a Panasonic cordless phone system, with intercom connections to four handsets and Bluetooth connections for up to two cell phones. Beneath the dinette seating is a Pepwave Surf Soho router providing wireless access to an HP Envy Photo printer and capable of distributing internet service to all of the internet capable devices on board when connected to a USB modem or the Wi-Fi service available at most marinas.
On long passages you will appreciate the ability to take only 3 short steps back to the galley while still being able to see out all of the windows, easily monitoring the updated Raymarine screens. You will also appreciate the ability to be on the main deck while under way. Above the helm seat are two bi-directional opening hatches with Ocean Air screens to allow airflow in and keep bugs out or to provide complete black out shading (or a combination of the two if desired).
The master stateroom is amidships full width, making it very open and roomy with teak and holly sole, satin finished light birds eye maple with burl and teak accents throughout. “Gammon” has an island queen berth with 4 large drawers and 2 extra-large drawers under the berth. There are 3 cedar lined hanging lockers and a large 8 drawer bow front dresser with a large mirrored cabinet above that is topped off in beautiful burl wood. Both the port and starboard windows have shoji screens and dimmable lighting. There is also a custom large hidden access panel to the back side of the washer / dryer, making inspections or repairs very easy.
The 32” Samsung 1080p TV is easily viewed from the master bed. There is also a very handy Raymarine ST-70 unit and cd/stereo within easy reach. There are beautiful burl topped nightstands on each side of the bed. There is a large cabinet to starboard and 3 spacious pull out drawers to port. A swing arm lamp is mounted just outside the headboard on each side of the bed to provide perfect lighting for reading. A custom padded headboard is located below the solid teak valance. The slots in the top of the valance diffuse the air-conditioning and send it out into the middle of the room, keeping cool drafts off the bed. Above the bed there are several small halogen lights with dimmer controls. There are also 4 opening port lights that can provide great cross flow ventilation. When you want privacy in the marina, the Shoji screens provide excellent privacy while still providing ample light. The ensuite head is very spacious with Crema Marfil granite counter tops, under-mounted china sink bowl, custom KWC faucet and separate drinking water faucet, and Headhunter toilet. There are also several drawers and cabinets with shelves for storage. The shower area has a large teak-framed Lexan door; the shower is finished in high gloss gelcoat and trimmed in teak. There is a nice teak cabinet in the shower area that provides lots of storage. The tank tender is next to the head allowing you to easily see the state of the holding tank with a quick glance.
Both the master stateroom entrance and master stateroom head entrance have custom space saving pocket doors with full length mirrors. This really makes the master stateroom feel large and open.
Port Guest Stateroom
20kW Northern Lights generator in sound shield
- 2 Glendenning Shore Power cable masters aft, 2 Glendenning Shore Power cable masters forward
Xantrex 4000-watt inverter (New 2014)
Battery parallel switches
Upgraded AGM batteries 4 x 200AH batteries for engines, 1 200AH for generator, 4 200AH for House -Inverter
110 Volt and 220 Volt house systems
Custom 24V and 110V lighting with custom lighting fixtures
Custom dimmable overhead lighting package featuring halogen lamps in the lower staterooms and LED lamps elsewhere
AC/DC distribution panel with magnetic circuit breakers
Voltage meter for all battery banks
Headhunter fresh water and head systems
Electrical bonding system
Professional Captains continue to tell us that we have the best engine room they have ever been in. You can get to everything quickly and safely with 6'2" head room. The area is well lit with 110V and 24V lighting. There are 4 large blowers to cool the space down after a run and the area is air-conditioned, so any maintenance can be done in comfort. Each engine has dual Raycor filters; this includes both main engines and the generator. The fuel system is very simple with 1 large tank holding 1300 gallons of fuel that you can easily fill from either side of the boat. The engine beds are very heavy polished stainless steel and secure the engine vibration isolation mounts to the hull stringers. They run all the way past the transmissions to accept the thrust load of the Aquadrive units. The dripless shaft seals have a crossover tube that supplies water from both engines so you can safely run on one engine. The 20 KW Northern Lights generator is surrounded in an easy to inspect and access sound shield. At the forward corners of the engine room you will find twin Sea Chests outboard with removable clear cleaning port. Each of the engines, generator, air-conditioning system, salt water wash-down and all the other components of the yacht that require salt water have their own shut-off valve on each of the Sea Chests that they are plumbed to. There is only one hull opening for each Sea Chest. These serve for all sea water needs and it provides great safety and easier maintenance. The 1000hp Caterpillar engines are connected to the underwater exhaust system via high temperature silicone hose to further isolate noise and vibration.
- Exhaust blowers
- High capacity induction blowers
- 2 Chilled water reverse cycle air conditioning compressors with soft starts
- Fire extinguishing system
- Engine hour meter and gauges
- 3" lead/foam engine room insulation
- Emergency engine stop
- 4-3700gph bilge pumps with auto and manual switch
- FRP fuel tanks
- Watertight door with viewport from Lazarette
- Oil temperature alarm
- 3 Fire extinguishers
- Dual Racor fuel separators with vacuum gauges for each engine and generator
- Soft engine mounts to reduce vibration
- Aqua Drive shaft couplings to reduce vibration
- 900 GPD Aquamatic water maker
- Naiad 252 dual station hydraulic stabilizers
- Spur Cutters on both shafts
- Fuel polishing system
- 20kw Northern Lights Genset in a sound isolation shield (4293 hours)
- 2x CAT C-18’s with 1001hp each
- Morse Electronic controls with remote plug in on aft deck
With a full EZ2CY enclosure this fly bridge is an excellent place for fair or wet weather cruising and entertaining of guests. The Raymarine electronics package is complete with dual 19" G series screens, radar, sounder module and camera system with cameras aft of the fly bridge pointing towards the dinghy, on the aft deck pointing towards the swim platform and in the engine room pointing forward.
The Caterpillar electronic display is immediately forward of the large stainless steel wheel. The console also has displays for wind velocity and direction, water depth and boat speed. The VHF and the yachts intercom phone are within quick and easy reach. The fly bridge is protected by a highly desired custom factory extended fiberglass hardtop. The fly bridge is accessible by stairs from inside the pilothouse and from outside from the cockpit. The Stidd helm chairs are very comfortable (one 500XL and one 1200 two-person seat) and they will comfortably seat 3 adults. There are comfortable twin seating areas aft of the helm chairs and 2 tables perfect for dining outside. There is a sink, refrigerator with ice maker and plenty of storage as well as a Wolf electric grill. The fly bridge aft deck was also extended giving you more highly valuable and usable outdoor space.
- Dinghy is a 11' 2019 Boston Whaler center console with a 25hp, 4 stoke Mercury outboard with a one year Warranty still available
- The 1,000 pound telescoping and rotating hydraulic davit with remote is aft of the fly bridge seating area
- Stidd Helm Chairs- 500XL and one 1200 bench seat (seating for 3)
- Raymarine Gs Series chart plotter, radar and sounder
- Raymarine autopilot ST8002
- Raymarine Radio- Ray218 (one at each helm station)
- Auto Anchor AA150 rode counter
- Uline refrigerator with ice maker
- Twin seating area with twin gelcoat tables
- Extended factory hardtop
- Sink next to grill
- Under seat storage with drain mats
- Wireless Yacht Controller that controls the engine shift forward and reverse, bow/stern thrusters
- Fresh water wash-down
- Custom Sunbrella cushions on fly bridge and aft deck
- 6 person Winslow life raft
- Removable aluminum ladder for access to top of flybridge, stows in chocks under dinghy
- Poly-planar marine stereo and CD player
- Dimmable lights
- Fuel: 1300 Gallons in one large epoxy fiberglass tank with fills port and starboard
- Fresh Water: 260 gallons in two stainless steel tanks
- Holding: 120 gallons in a single fiberglass tank with deck pump out and overboard discharge
- Gray Water: two 60 gallon tanks, quickly change from automatic overboard discharge to holding with the push of a button
- Each helm station has dual 19" Raymarine Gs series chart plotters
- Raymarine Color HD Digital Open Array radar scanner
- Raymarine CP470 Dual Channel CHIRP Broadband Scanner
- Raymarin GPS RS-150 GNSS
- Twin Ray218 VHF radios
- Raymarine ST8002 Smartpilot Autopilot at each helm
- Two Raymarine ST70 multi-function displays at each helm station, displays depth, heading and boat speed
- Raymarine AIS 650 transmitter/receiver
- TracVision HD7 antenna with 3 Direct TV boxes
- Glomex off-air HD TV antenna
- Auto Anchor AA150 rode counters at both helms
- Sirius Satellite Weather
- Wiring for four video cameras is in place, engine room (pan tilt and zoom) and infrared, aft deck, and fly bridge looking aft
- Side power 15HP bow and stern thrusters
- Sanshin HR-1012 Search light with controls at both helms
- Naiad Multisea II adjustable roll stabilizer