- 2000 -
2000 LAGOON 38′ 380
Lagoon 380 Owners Version, hull #38 “WE DID IT” is currently with her 4th owner who has been sailing her exclusively in the brackish waters of Chesapeake Bay for the past 12 years. She has been meticulously maintained with all systems winterized and engines serviced annually. She has had multiple equipment upgrades through the years and is now ready for a new adventure. She carries an extensive options & upgrade list:
The Lagoon 380 is one of the best SELLING catamarans ever, with over 750 delivered, so it is tried and tested. And some!
- 380s are well built and safe.
- A clever compromise on volume versus performance.
- Easy to dock and highly maneuverable with twin engines.
- Vertical windows keep the sun out at midday and give you more living and head space.
- She is a proven blue water sailor, even a circumnavigator.
- The aft cockpit fits 6 people comfortable.
Additional Information Available
WE DID IT
- Get More Info -
- Inverter / Battery Charger (2020)
- Engine Exhaust Manifolds replaced (2019)
- 6 Batteries (2019)
- STB electric head (2019)
- Refrigeration (2018)
- Bottom Paint (2018)
- Port head new pump (2018)
- Satellite TV "needs hookup" (2016)
- Sail drives serviced (2017)
- Running Rigging (2017)
- Simrod GPS/Radar (2017)
- Hard Top (2014)
- Diver cleans/checks zinc bottom annually
- Inverter / Battery Charger
- (2x) Starting Batteries
- (4x) House Batteries
- (2x) Hitachi 12v/55A alternators
- (2x) 30amp shore power cords
- Galvanic Isolator
- Fresh water W/ Filter System
- Pressurized fresh water
- Raw water wash down
- Water Heater, Seaward F-650 1500 watt,
- Fresh water transom shower,
- Port/Stbd holding tanks with deck and sea drain,
- Accu-gauge water and holding tank monitors.
- (2x) 78 gal water tank capacity
RIG & SALES
- Z Spar Red Label, Aluminum
- Spinnaker halyard
- Slab reefing
- Facnor roller furling
- Battened main sail
- Roller furling Genoa
- Gennaker Doyle UPC w/furler, sheets and cleats
- Cradle Bag w/lazy jacks and easy close zip (zipper needs repaired)
- Running Rigging
- Standing Rigging
- (2x) Harken 40 2 speed Genoa winches, self-tailing
- (3x) winch handles & pockets
- Custom Hard Top Bimini
- Full cockpit enclosure
- Double Helm Seat
- Helm Seat & Steering Station Cover
- Line Holders
- Microwave oven
- Double sink basin in galley
- Cockpit closed foam cushions
- Custom made curtains
- Lagoon Green microfiber upholstery
- 26” Flat Screen TV
- Direct TV
- Sony CD/Radio, 2 speakers in salon & 2 in cockpit
- Custom Temperpetic Mattress Pads
- (1x) Double (2x) Queen berths
- Bow Seats
- Electric Head In Owners Hull
- AC/Heat Dometic 1600BTU
- Cabin Fans
- Custom Curtains
- W&P Brass Clock & Barometer
- Primary Anchor - Spade w/180’ 3/8” chain w/80’ Rode
- Secondary Anchor – Fortress w/100’ ¾” Nylon Rode
- Spare Anchor – Danforth w/50’ Rode
- Anchor Bridle
- Electric Windless
- B&G Speed, Depth & Wind
- B&G Network Nav station repeater from helm
- VHF / Ship to Shore
- Simrod GPS color plotter, sunlight viewable color screen, on swivel mount
- B&G auto pilot w/remote from helm
- Grundig YB400PE SSB AM/FM Receiver
- W&P Clock/Barometer
- Simrad/Inritsu RA7772UA Radar
- RADIO/ CD: Sony
- Swim Ladder
- Hard Top Bimini
- Transom Fresh Water Shower
- Fresh / Sea Water Anchor Wash Down
- Magnum Propane Grill w/cover
- Two, 10 Gal Propane Tanks
- 10’- 6” RIB Dingy
- 8hp Johnson Outboard
- St Criox lifting crane for out board w/lifting straps
- Bottom Paint (2018)
- (2x) Volvo MD30 27hp
- Fuel polisher
- (2x) 32.2 Gal Fuel Tank Capacity
ABOUT LAGOON 380
The Lagoon 380 is a Classic Catamaran.
The stand out fact about the Lagoon 380 is that they have sold so many. These catamarans are great value for money. The Lagoon 380 is a clever compromise on volume versus performance.
Lagoon has delivered over 750 380's during the production lifetime. She is a proven blue water catamaran, a sturdy, safe boat. She holds her value well on the 2nd hand market. She’s an economical catamaran that is comfortable and has an excellent level of performance. A reliable, solidly built boat that is roomy for her size.
Lagoon’s signature vertical windows mean that you get the maximum space possible inside the boat for her length. Open up the double sliding doors and you have a decent sized area up top and the forward windows open right up to let the breeze flow through the boat at anchor.
You can expect to sail at 6 to 9 knots in a decent breeze. You’ll probably be pointing at 50-55 degrees to true and doing 5 knots. Stick the leeward engine to get the speed up and head 10-15° or so higher. Off the wind, she’s a great little mover! You will see the low teens in decent conditions from time to time.
Bridgedeck clearance is good and the sail plan will happily cover you from anything from 9 knots of wind to 35. You should be averaging 7 knots giving you 150 nm a day- perfectly acceptable for safe long distance cruising.
The running rigging is well thought out for short-handed sailing. With a dedicated winch for the main halyard, she´s easy to handle on your own. Lagoon has over spec´d the standing rigging on this boat.
The Twin 27 hp. Volvos are more than enough to power you through the chop. Cruising speed with one engine is around 5 and a half knots, using around 2.5 litres per hour. Stick the other engine on and you will hit 7 knots comfortably, with 8 knots at Full Steam Ahead. With twin engines maneuvering and docking is a breeze.