- 1997 -
1997 ISLAND PACKET YACHTS 41′ 40
She is a one owner boat and was the Annapolis Show Boat in 1997 and has been well maintained. She has been set up for Island sailing and cruising
Additional Information Available
ISLAND PACKET YACHTS
- Get More Info -
Electrical & Mechanical
- LED replacement bulbs throughout the interior
- Racor Fuel Filter
- Electric fuel pump for priming
- Whitlock steering pedestal with single lever control
- Geared rack and pinion steering system
- 30 Amp shore power connection
- Double pole main AC breaker & 5 branches
- 50' 30 Amp shore power cord
- Adapter for 50 Amp shore power connection
- 120V AC power with digital meters
- 120V receptacles throughout
- 12 DC electrical panel with meters
- Transformer for 230V to 120V Euro plug
- Xantrex 1000 W inverter
- Xantrex Smart Battery Charger
- Two Trojan T-105 Golf cart batteries with space and wiring for two more batteries
- Balmar 100 Amp Alternator with Xantrex Smart Regulator
- 6 gallon Isotemp water heater with heat exchanger and mixing valve (2016)
- Original 40 PSI water pressure pump
- Spare new Jabsco water pressure pump
- Atwood Automatic bilge with Ultima pump switch
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit (Rebuilt 2016)
- Five fans
- USB outlets in three cabins
- Extensive inventory of tools including Loos tension gauge
Electronics & Entertainment
- Raymarine ST 50 Knot, Wind and Depth
- Raymarine ST-6000 Autohelm with spare actuator
- Autohelm Radar
- Standard Horizon VHF mounted at the Nav Station
- Uniden Handheld VHF
- Handheld GPS
- AM/FM/CD Player with main cabin and cockpit speakers
- MP3 player input plug
- Frigoboat keel cooled refrigerator/freezer
- Three-burner Force 10 stove w/oven
- Double sink with pressurized hot & cold water
- Laminate counter tops with teak fiddles
- Stainless steel guardrail w/harness hooks for safety when underway
- Saltwater faucet at galley sink
- Storage: Pot & pan locker, dish rack, cutlery drawers, storage drawer, teak paper towel holder, soap rack and trash bin
Cockpit, Deck, Ground Tackle & Hull
- Varnished Teak on Cap Rails, Hand Rails and detail (Epifanes)
- Garhauer Chain Plates (2017)
- Primary 44 # Lewmar Delta Anchor 200' 3/8" chain plus 200' nylon rode
- Secondary Fortress FX-23 Anchor 15" 5/16" chain plus 250' nylon rode
- Quick Windlass for 3/8" chain with cockpit control and remote forward control
- Bails over anchor rollers
- LED anchor light
- Masthead Tri-Color Nav light
- Docking lines
- Six fenders
- Kyocera 300 W Solar Panels
- Air-X 400W Wind Generator
- Pressure saltwater system for foredeck wash down and to galley sink
- Stainless boarding ladder mounts at side boarding gates
- Extended S/S pushpit to boarding gates
- Life sling
- Jack lines for cockpit and side decks
- Dyneema lifelines
- Teak cockpit table
- Zodiac 4 person life raft (2016)
Canvas, Sails & Rigging
- Dodger and Full Cockpit Bimini (Made and Re-stitched By Owner)
- Awning for foredeck and main cabin (boom mounted)
- In Mast Roller Furling Main
- Yankee 105%
- Genoa 135%
- Colorful Genniker
- New Standing Rigging (2017)
- CHAIN PLATES REPLACED (2017)
- Forespar Carbo Whisker Pole on Mast
- Glebe Creek screens for all hatches, portholes and companionway
- Lee cloths for all bunks
About The Island Packet 40
The Island Packet 40 is an industry benchmark for high quality cruising sailboats with its sparkling performance, superior safety and seakeeping, ease of handling and spacious and liveable accommodations.
Designed with Island Packet Yachts exclusive Full Foil Keel® the 40 unifies the performance attributes of modern hull and foil designs with the superior safety, enhanced steering qualities, and more seakindly motion available only with a long keel. This feature brings numerous benefits to the cruising sailor: superior protection from damage or fouling of prop and rudder, an integral hull and keel construction for the strongest possible unified structure, a moderate draft with exceptional stability characteristics for shallow water gunkholing or worldwide voyaging, and winning performance capabilities as proven by numerous victories in prestigious international offshore sailing events.
Island Packet's renowned detail, design and construction qualities provide a superb level of refinement with the 40. Every aspect of this yacht, from masthead to keel, maximizes the enjoyment of cruising. The deck's well engineered layout provides the safety and security needed in offshore conditions without sacrificing comfort or ease of use. Full length cabin top handrails, double lifelines with welded bow and stern rails, recessed foredeck with bulwarks, and a premium, slip resistant surface of a contrasting low glare gelcoat all contribute to offshore safety.
All frequently used control lines are color coded ane led aft to facilitate routine sail handling in the comfort and security of the cockpit. Forward, the integral bowsprit/anchor platform increases sail area and improves sheeting angles for enhanced windward performance, and provides ready stowage and immediate access for ground tackle. An electric reversing anchor windlass, with both deck and remote cockpit mounted controls, allows easy management of anchoring tasks.
The eight foot long cockpit has full length contoured seats offering plenty of room for comfortable sitting or stretching out. A premium console mounted rack and pinion steering system, jointly designed and developed by Whitlock and Island Packet Yachts, is employed for its exceptional feel and rugged reliability. Integrated into the steering console are the single lever engine control, compass, and flip-up cockpit table.
A separate raised helmseat with padded backrest gives the skipper ample room and ensures good visibility and comfort. This spacious, comfortable and practical cockpit also features fresh water shower, insulated ice box for quick and easy access to snacks or beverages, locking seat hatches with access to a deep storage locker with shelf and a generous storage tray, covered engine instrument panel, recessed winch handle pockets, and two covered line bins for storage of sail control lines.
The raised bridgedeck, locking companionway boards and large cockpit scuppers help insure safety at sea.
Other deck refinements include large open base mooring and springline cleats with stainless steel chafe strips for dock lines, a side deck stowage bin for two non-corrosive aluminum LPG tank, comfortable and folding swim ladder, and numerous other detail conveniences.
The cutter rig has long been regarded as the most versatile and manageable rig for the cruising sailor. With the addition of the 105 Yankee and the cruising gennaker, the skipper has a variety of sail combinations available that are readily adaptable to maximize comfort, safety and performance over wide range of wind and sea conditions.
The generous sailplan, utilizing three simply managed sails, coupled with the easily driven, long waterline hull form, assures excellent light air performance. In addition, the power to carry sail in a breeze with excellent windward performance is ensured with the 40's high ballast to displacement ratio and excellent resistance to heel and leeway.
Below decks, the 40's interior greets the cruising sailor with an inviting and comfortable arrangement plan. Two double staterooms, well separated for privacy and each with an adjoining head and shower, combine with an expansive central living area to provide a gracious setting whether entertaining dockside, cruising with family and friends, or passagemaking offshore.
Upon entering through the wide companionway, one immediately senses the spacious and open flow of the interior. Overhead handrails, bulkhead handgrips and an easily maintained molded slip resistant cabin sole extending throughout the companionway, galley, head and nav station areas offer sure-footed movement while underway.
A removable teak grate and dust pan at the base of the companionway allows easy access to the bilge sump.
The large wraparound galley is equipped with a host of detail features for both convenience and safety and is equally functional whether underway or at rest. A three burner propane stove and oven with full safety features, two deep stainless steel sinks, exceptional locker, drawer, cabinet and counter space, and a large and well insulated refrigerator/freezer. Just forward of the galley is a full size, hinged navigation table with a generous storage tray underneath. Panels above and outboard of the table contain electrical equipment.
Adjacent to the nav table, the ships AC and DC electrical systems may be monitored and controlled on the illuminated master breaker panel. A below-table cabinet is also provided outboard for additional storage, and a slide-out. chart storage drawer is located immediately behind the seat.
The nav station seat is shared with the large L-shaped settee in the main salon which can be quickly converted to an extra double berth with its built-in pullout panel. All of the cushions in the yacht are upholstered with a premium fabric over five inch thick foam.
The main salon spans the entire beam of the yacht, imparting a spacious feel while generous storage space is provided behind and below each settee. Large cabinets and bookracks outboard have room for an array of entertainment equipment as well as handy access to reading materials.
A foldaway bulkhead mounted table retracts for an unobstructed socializing area with a wide varnished teak and holly sole. When lowered, the large table provides for spacious dining while its built-in bottle and glass storage rack further adds to the pleasure of entertaining.
Forward, the elegant full width owners stateroom features an oversized offset double berth, easily accessible from is entire port side. A full length shelf, large hanging locker, bureau storage bins, and a bank of six deep cedar lined drawers make this deluxe stateroom an inviting retreat.
The adjoining private head boasts a shower with a large teak seat and contoured backrest, and a deluxe bulkhead mounted shower unit. A stylish wraparound vanity, numerous storage cabinets, and a large mirror add additional convenience and comfort.
The roomy aft stateroom is equally inviting with its huge double berth, dressing seat, generous cedar lined hanging locker and storage bureau,
The centrally located aft head has private access from the aft stateroom and from the companionway area and is appointed with a full length mirror, wraparound vanity and generous storage areas for an array of toiletries. A separate bulkhead mounted shower unit, removable teak seat and are further evidence of Island Packets attention to details.
Numerous stainless steel opening ports, Lewmar® Offshore Series deck hatches and integral dorade type deck ventilators provide fresh air and natural light throughout the interior. A harmonious blend of tasteful designer surfaces and fabrics convey a sense of comfort and style, while a host of a thoughtful details mfake the 40's interior as functional as it is attractive.
Carefully selected teak, chosen for both grain pattern and color, is meticulously handcrafted and vamished for furniture quality fit and finish.
The engine and its related equipment are mounted on a moulded engine bed with an integral drip pan. Fastidious mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems are all in evidence here and are easily accessible through a removable front panel, hinged side panels and an aft cover.
Premium, lead lined sound insulation and the tightly fitting gasketed access panels keep interior noise levels low. Generous tankage for fuel, water and waste is centrally located under the cabin sole, maximizing stowage elsewhere in the yacht, minimizing trim changes with varying tank levels, and adding to the overall stability of the yacht. Fuel and water tanks are fitted with remote reading gauges.
Island Packets advanced fiberglass construction technology insures peace of mind and long term trouble-free service. All Island Packet 40 structural laminates and internal reinforcements are designed to meet or exceed rigid ABS standards for offshore yachts. Hulls are molded of knitted triaxial roving, offering easily superior impact and puncture resistance.