- 1990 -
1990 C&C YACHTS 37′ 37+/40R SLOOP
Additional Information Available
- Get More Info -
"Creola" needs a new Captain!!! The Owner owns 2 of these boats and needs to sell the one in Florida. Make an offer! You may be surprised!
Cruise in comfort and style on this beautiful 37' (39' Length Overall) sailboat. This vessel has spent 90% of its life on the GREAT LAKES and has always been kept "on the hard" in Florida when not being used by the owner a couple of months per year.
Check out these comfortable cruising features:
- Removable, folding teak table
- 6'2"+ Standing headroom
- Pressure water in the galley & with oversize Head & holding tank
- Central hot air from Espar diesel fired heater ducted to all three cabins, thermostat regulated
- S/S 3 burner propane stove with oven and external tank
- 12 volt refrigeration
- Powerful internal drive auto-pilot
- Line control custom whisker pole (extends to 27')
- Asymmetrical cruising spinnaker, storm tri-sail mainsail & storm tri-sail jib
- Fully battened cruising main with 3 reef points
The result is a slim, fair underbody, with low wetted surface. In profile, the 37 looks as long and sleek as a lot of 40-footers. The secret, as it turns out, is that the boat gradually stretched out during the design process until its final overall length was almost 39ft. This is, of course, an excellent way to improve the looks of almost any yacht. The C&C 37+/40 looks sweet from every angle, with a nice sheerline, plenty of bow overhang and a sleek, unobtrusive cabin.
The bold window treatment effectively draws the eye down from the cabin top and makes the boat look remarkably low and rakish. The transom is nicely shaped. The construction of the C & C 37 + was years ahead of it’s time. Utilizing aircraft grade pre-impregnated balsa core material and Kevlar fabric, the hull and deck were laid up using vinylester resin for maximum blister resistance and light weight. All of the interior liners were overlaid and bonded to the hull and deck and the hull to deck joint was bonded with adhesive and then mechanically fastened with stainless steel bolts.
All of this creates a boat with light weight for top performance as well as superior strength. Her varnished teak interior is beautiful and accommodating for captain and crew! Recent Price Reduction!!"Creola" is a 1990 C&C 37+/40R Sloop rigged vessel. She is a preformance wing keel cruiser as well as a strong competitive racing machine.
The 5' 11" draft provides comfortable sailing in the Gulf of Mexico as well as Florida's coastal waters and the Bahamas.
The 3-cylinder 35HP Yanmar engine moves this ship at 7+kts when the wind dies. Husky #32 2-speed primary Barient winches along with six other winches make sail control a "breeze."
"Creola" had her hull & deck Awlgriped in 2010 and the bottom is coated with VC17 racing bottom paint. Hard to believe but the owner dry sails "Creola" and she is in the water less than a month each year. She has a sail inventory of over 14 sails, including three mainsails, seven Jibs & genoas and four spinnakers.
The owner is ready for this great Cruiser/Racer vessel to find a new home.
With a spacious "open" layout, Creola can accommodate up to nine adults.
- (2)V-Berths in forward cabin
- 2-Transom berths (port & starboard) in main cabin
- 1-Pilot berth (folds out to a double berth in main cabin)
- 1-Pilot berth in main cabin
- 2-adjustable pilot berths in aft cabin (port & starboard)
- Queen size bunks in aft cabin (can be split into 3)
- Heat Espar-forced diesel 3 cabin forced air system
- Table Removable, folding, solid teak on centerline main cabin
- Shower, Hot & Cold water with sump drain in head
- Head rebuilt with "Y" valve
The interior is varnished teak and the sole is varnished teak and holly. Dark blue cushions and several area carpets are included. Four overhead deck hatches, a skylight over the main salon and fixed side windows combine to add a lot of light and air into the cabin.
- 3-Burner stainless steel propane stove with oven & remote tank
- Double basin fiberglass sink
- Hot & Cold Pressure Water (6 gallon tank)
- 12V Refrigeration with freezer & large top load ice box
Electronics and ELECTRICAL
- Garmin 210 GPS-8 inch screen
- Nexus:(entire system) wind, depth, speed, navi with server
- Sailcomp electronic compass
- VHF Radio
- Ray Marine hydraulic autopilot
- 3 Wet Cell 12 Volt Batteries
- 120AC and 12volt DC systems operate from custom breaker panel at navigation station
- 2 4-D AGM house batteries
- 1- group 24 wet cell engine starting battery
- 1- High output alternator
Engine /Mechanical Equipment
Hull & DECK
Sails and Rigging
(1) Club racing, transport Dacron good
(1) Club racing 3DL good for light air very full
(1) 142% Racing triradial Pentex excellent
(2) 100 % Racing 3DL very good
(1) Storm Trisail never used
(1) 180% 3/4 oz very good
(1) 180% 1.5 oz very good
(1) 180% .6 oz very good
(2) misc practice 3/4 oz good