- 1975 -
1975 BRISTOL YACHTS 40′ 40 Sloop
Then most importantly, thrill to her easy handling, straight tracking, windward and downwind performance. Her secret, her long cutaway keel. Put her thru her paces as a racer, enjoy her as a cruiser. Know the satisfaction of having the best boat available for the money. The most discriminating, most demanding cruising families have been delighted with their Bristol 40's for years and so will yours.
KESTREL's owners have bestowed loving care and continual proper maintenance and upgrades including the installation of a New Yanmar 3JH3 Diesel engine in 2001 among many others, to keep KESTREL in proper "BRISTOL" condition.. PLEASE CLICK ON FULL SPECS for complete details and list of all upgrades. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Additional Information Available
- Get More Info -
Entering the cabin there are custom stairs with three steps down and handholds on both sides. To port is the sink with hot/cold running water, large storage space underneath, 2 burner Force-10 propane stove and oven and broiler. There are sliding door access to side cabinets with ample room for dishes and food. To starboard is a very large ice-box, more sliding door access to storage and a small wet locker. Two batteries are stored next to the entry with a Tru-Charge charger and Cole-Hersey battery switch and two Diehard batteries.
Further forward on the starboard side is a dedicated Navigation Station with a large desk for charts. The custom electric panel is there with AM-meter, Voltmeter and 110 meter for easy monitoring of power usage. A repeater of the Datamarine instruments lets the navigator access boat data. Next forward is a small couch which can be used as a pilot berth with large storage lockers behind and above.
Further forward on the port side is a large settee that opens into a double berth. A drop-down table with bi-fold opens for a large dining area. Behind the drop-down table is more storage for glassware and large platters. Behind the seats, under the seats and over the seats is more storage.
Forward to starboard is a double-door hanging locker with a lot of space. And to port is a large head with Groco toilet, a sink and shower. There is storage behind the toilet, under the sink and above the sink behind the custom sliding mirrored doors. There is also a second door with access to the v-berth from the head.
The forward cabin has 4-large storage lockers as you enter, a very comfortable v-berth and four drawers. There are four sliding doors to storage over the v-berth as well. There is access forward to a large chain locker from the v-berth.
Kestrel has a very comfortable cockpit that can seat 5-6 people comfortably. It has easy access to the primary and secondary winches, the traveler and a large helm with great visibility all around. An Edison pedestal with Datamarine wind, knots and depth and an oversized wheel. There are two giant lockers one on port the other to starboard. A smaller locker aft holds the propane tank.
Standard sloop rig with a removable inner fore-stay for a storm jib. Running back stays can be used as well for downwind sailing. A spinnaker and spinnaker pole are included.
New STAYS (2000)
Mast and Boom were reconditioned in 2000 by Sound Rigging
New Schaefer Roller Furler
- Main Sail - Fully Battened w/ 3 reef points by North (2005)
- 135% Gnoa by Doyle (2007)
- 1.5oz. Cruising Spinnaker w/ATN sock and Tacker (no pole)
- Storm Tri-sail w/separate track on mast
- Main Sail Cover (2019)
Main Sail: 316 sq ft. apprx.
I: 45.5' J:17.5' P: 39.5' E: 15.8'
- New Teak Tow Rails
- New Cabin Top Hand Rails
- New Upholstery throughout the boat
- Bimini w/ Side Flaps
- New Main Sail Cover
- 45 Lb. CQR anchor w/250' of rode
- 33 lb. Bruce anchor w/ 150' of rode and 40' of 1/2" chain
- Spare 150' of rode
- Large Dansforth w/ 150' of rode
- Propane Grill
- Teak Cockpit Table
- Two 2- speed winches in the cockpit
- Two 1-speed winches in the cockpit
- One 2-speed winch at the mast for the main sail halyard
- One 1- speed winch at the mast for the jib halyard
- New Running Rigging
- Spinnaker Pole
- 1.5oz. Spinnaker w/ATN sock and Tacker (No pole needed)
- Storm Tri-sail
- Professionally Awlgripped Hull Top-Sides
- Refinished Cabin Sole
- PSS Shaft Seal for Rudder Stock
- New Lazy Jacks for Main Sail
- Owner Awlgripped the decks
- Porta Wattz 300 DC Inverter
- Raymarine E80 Chrat Plotter
- Datamarine Instruments with back-up replacements
- Wind Instrument - speed and apparent
- Knot Meter
- Depth meter
- Force 10 Propnae stove with 2 burners, oven and broiler
- 5-lb Aluminum Propane Tank
- New Doyle 135% Furling Genoa
- New North Sail Mainsail - Fully Battened w/3 reef points
- New 6 gallon Isotemp Water Heater
- New Wiring throughout the boat w/custom breaker panel
- PSS Shaft Seal for the Shaft
- Repowered with Yanmar 3JH3 - 40 hp Diesel Engine (450 hrs)
- New 3-Blade Prop
- New Shaft
- Custom Engine Bed/Mounts for Yanmar Diesel
- New Groco Thru-Hull for Engine Intake
- Shurflo Water Pump w/ spare pump
- New Schaeffer Roller Furling and 2018 new drum bearing
- New Stays, Re-conditioned Mast and Boom by Sound Rigging
- New Stem Fitting